Friday, June 26, 2009

Our New Crib

Our Dining room is the front room on the bottom floor.
Followed by the kitchen (This is actually a view from the living room, so if you were walking through you would enter by the picture on the wall from the dining room)

Then the living room


More of the living room. You can see the door to the stairwell that was added to the back of the appartment building. This has turned out to be nice because there is lots of storage under the stairs for all our boxes, tools, etc.

Upstairs is my room (right above the dining room)

If you look closly you can see me asleep in my crib for my afternoon nap. My GG is getting me a pirate rug for my room! ARRR! BTW if anyone should see a "My other car is a pirate ship" bumper sticker, I need one for my stroller.
From my room you go through a hall (that used to be a kitchen when it was two seperate appartments on top of eachother) with a closet and shelves.

Mama and Daddy's room is upstairs, too. Directly above the living room.

They share a room with the office. Again, here you can see the door to the stair well.
That is our humble abode. It's the perfect size for the three of us. Not too big, not too small. Most of the other families living here have more than one child, so it's probably pretty crowded for them. We actually live where all of the foreign students live, so we are surrounded by people of different cultures. Namely Korean, Indian, and African that we know of so far.


4 comments:

jessica said...

Wow- I can't believe you already have pictures up on the wall and everything! It looks nice and homey- and surprisingly roomy!

I'm glad you posted a pic of the fabulous bday cake you made, because I would have if you didn't. You gotta show off that kind of edible artwork!

Karen said...

Wow, your new place looks great! I can't wait to come see y'all. I'm trying to take leave in august, so I will let you know if it gets approved. Love you!

Sarah said...

Ash,
Y'all have done a fabulous job with the apartment. It looks really cozy and comfortable and homey, and I'm glad to hear from your mom that you feel at home there already. I'd love to live in a place where I could pick fresh raspberries and make them into muffins.
By the way, I love the rug under your dining room table, and the Africa picture looks great hanging over your couch. Good work, McEwens!

Davynn said...

Wow! Your new home is looking fabulous!! You have wonderful furniture... Baby crib looks perfect!!